The Industrial Internet Consortium, now incorporating OpenFog, has announced it will host the Open Edge Symposium™ 2019 from December 11-12, 2019 at the Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CA. Formerly Fog World Congress™, the conference brings together industry leaders, technologists and researchers from around the world and is designed to advance the potential of intelligent edge solutions for the IoT.
This two-day symposium will explore the new intelligent edge computing paradigm in three conference tracks:
• Advances in Innovation– research and standardization activities and opportunities on intelligent edge within industrial processes for IoT, AI/ML and connectivity.
• Technical– the impact of technology on edge computing.
• Business Outcomes– real-world use cases that have delivered a business impact to a company/industry.
“The new intelligent edge paradigm calls for a fundamental rethinking of computing and networking architectures. It is disrupting existing business models and reshaping industry landscapes,” said Dr. Richard Soley, Executive Director, IIC. “At the Open Edge Symposium, attendees can learn from and collaborate with the best minds in intelligent edge.”
Today, the IIC also announced that Dr. Mung Chiang, John A. Edwardson Dean of the College of Engineering, Purdue University, and IIC Steering Committee member, will deliver the keynote for Open Edge Symposium 2019. Dr. Chiang founded the Princeton Edge Lab ten years ago as one of the first university labs dedicated to edge computing, and he will share his vision and provide insights about how the intelligent edge paradigm will evolve over the next ten years.
Speaking opportunities are still available through the Call for Papers. Interested speakers must submit applications by September 13, 2019. Preference will be given to end-user speakers who can share their experiences. The Open Edge Symposium Program Committee is looking for speakers in the following technology areas:
• Global IoT, 5G, AI Trends
• IIoT Futures – Autonomous Cars, Aerial Drones
• Smart Industry Use Cases
• Security & Privacy
• Intelligent Edge & Cloud
• Open Standards & Interoperability
• Intelligent Edge in AI
• Intelligent Edge in Industrial IoT
• Intelligent Edge in 5G
• Intelligent Edge & Blockchain
Registration for Open Edge Symposium is open now. Note: there are discounts for IIC and OMG members.