The Industrial Internet Consortium has published the 11th edition of the Journal of Innovation (JOI). The latest issue examines Artificial Intelligence (AI) from its inception to practical use cases to training a whole new generation of workers to prepare for the skills gap.
“There’s been an explosion in the design, development and implementation of AI in many industry sectors in the last decade that’s having a dramatic impact on many aspects of our lives,” said Edy Liongosari, Co-chair of the IIC Thought Leadership Task Group and Chief Research Scientist at Accenture Labs. “This edition of the JOI focuses on the challenges and benefits of applying AI and Machine Learning technologies in industrial settings.”
The AI edition of the JOI consists of articles contributed by leaders at IIC member organizations and guests:
Industrial Artificial Intelligence
• K. Eric Harper, ABB Corporate Research
• Brad Klenz, SAS
• Wael William Diab, Futurewei Technologies
Early AI Diagnostics at Westinghouse
• James Bellows, James Bellows and Associates
Outcomes, Insights and Best Practices from IIC Testbeds: Deep Learning Facility Testbed
• Brad Klenz, SAS
• Ken Hatano, Toshiba
• Dr. Said Tabet, Dell Technologies
Bridging the Artificial Intelligence skills gap in the machine manufacturing industry
• Antti Karjaluoto, DIMECC Ltd.
• Arto Peltomaa, DIMECC Ltd.
• Risto Lehtinen, DIMECC Ltd.
Accelerating Performance with the Artificial Intelligence of Things
• Jane Howell, SAS
So, you think you have an AI strategy? Think again.
• Luciano C. Oviedo, Warwick Business School
• Sotirios Paroutis, Warwick Business School
• Michael A. Smith, American Association for the Advancement of Science – Lemelson Invention Ambassador Program
AI Trustworthiness Challenges and Opportunities Related to IIoT:
• Marcellus Buchheit, WIBU-SYSTEMS AG
• Will Hickie, Irdeto
• Frederick Hirsch, Fujitsu
• Sven Schrecker, LHP Engineering Solutions
• Bassam Zarkout, IGnPower Inc.
The Journal of Innovation highlights the innovative ideas, approaches, products and services emerging within the industrial internet in areas such as Data, IoT and digital transformation, AI, smart cities, smart factory and edge computing. Full current and past editions of the Journal of Innovation can be viewed and downloaded at https://www.iiconsortium.org/journal-of-innovation.htm